Thursday, July 21, 2011

Journal Journey nears completion

So here they are, all thirty journals.  Lots and lots of hours of designing and painting.  They will be going to a shelter being made over by along with a Canvas Painting and Art Blocks, that I will be sharing in the near future, along with some close ups of these journals.  It has been a satisfying and humbling experience.  I've learned alot about myself in the last couple of months.  To ensure I met the deadline for this project, I had to work at it everyday, so I started getting up very early around 4:30am - 5:00am most mornings, so I could put in a couple of hours before work.  If I waited to the end of the day, I would be tired, make mistakes, or not get to my studio.  Beginning my day when I had energy and focus, peace and quiet, was a delightful routine to get into and I plan on continuing, so I can put renewed energy into my Etsy shop   The creative ideas and designs are overflowing so fast in my brain these days, it's hard to keep away from my studio.  But I also look forward to journaling on my blog more and making a more consistant presence on Facebook, to share and interact with my creative community. 


  1. This is a great idea, I loke creating journals from scratch, though there doesn't seem enough hours in the day! great visiting your blog, Amanda
    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

  2. Beth, these are all so beautiful! I know what you mean about being tired in the evening - I feel the same. I am a morning person and love to work in my "studio" at that time. Evenings is for cleaning the kitchen and reading blogs.