Sunday, February 13, 2011

You get the idea

Here are almost complete hand painted journals that will be going to http://www.pinkslipperproject.org/  , they just need a final coat of varnish on the inside covers.   Each step needed to dry before I could proceed with the next step and it took longer than I had anticipated.    So, another busy week begins and as much as i would have liked to ship these donated items tomorrow, it will be a few more days.  Getting stressed out because I could not meet my self imposed deadline on a new project won't get them done any faster.  I am trying to work on a new approach to my life -- stop racing!  Racing and rushing generally makes me cranky and ultimately, unproductive and feeling badly about myself and what I want with my new Art Business and life in general.  What I accomplished this weekend was really very good.  That is what matters.  I am going to bed tonight satisfied with what I got done and not what I didn't.  It takes time to break old habits of making a too large and unrealistic "to do" list.  It takes times to realistically calculate how much time it takes to create a new piece of art work or project.   

This art work is a 5 x 7 original acrylic painting of words from a poem I wrote years ago.  Words that are near and dear to my heart.  Words that I live by.  I just finished it late this afternoon and need to photograph it properly before I put it for sale on my Etsy shop.  I also want to take a good quality photo that I can use to sell prints of the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment